Thursday, February 7, 2008

Feeling a Little Shy


I'd like to share a picture of a small table mat that I worked up as a freebie for my online quilt store (the link to the online store is in the links at the right). These things can't be complicated to make or kit.....but still have to be cute. I stitched up two of these during the super bowl....so you know they are easy. I think a little table candle or votive would really look amazing in the center of this little mat.
Ok, so I have to admit that I'm a bit behind on my blogging...well today when DJ http://djpettitt.blogspot.com/ posted a link from her site to mine all of a sudden I'm feeling "published". Ok, so this might sound weird but I really intended to sort of publish my thoughts but hide from everybody. This is the thing about blogging you really are "all in"...well maybe this is really the glory that I've talked of earlier. At this moment I'd like peace a little more, but I guess that is part of the vulnerability that I hesitate to share or dwell on.
At you know, I've been collecting quotes and this little number really struck a chord with me. Let me know what you think.
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
-- Jelaluddin Rumi


No comments: